Small HD Mon 702 OLED Kit for rent at Film Equipment Hire
Taking a design cue from their production monitor series, the 702 OLED is encased in a milled aluminum housing and has five custom function buttons, in addition to the joystick and back button for navigating the Page Builder OS. The OLED display itself is protected by a scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass pane, for clear visibility of the dark black levels presented by the OLED display. Around the monitor there are five 1/4″-20 threaded mounting points for attaching the 702 OLED to articulating arms, stands, or securing accessories. At the rear of the chassis are the HDMI and SDI I/O and battery bays. Each bay can take either an LP-E6 or NP-F (L-Series) battery depending on the insertion direction.
- Page Builder OS
- Page Builder OS is an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that puts all the advanced functionality of the 702 OLED at your fingertips. Rather than have confusing menus, this GUI allows you to selectively apply monitoring tools such as waveform, vectorscope, multiview, LUTs, and focusing aids on different “pages”. These pages can be easily flipped through using the joystick. The buttons on the front panel can also toggle monitoring tools on and off for each page.
- Factory Calibration
- Able to display a wide color gamut, the 702 OLED comes pre-calibrated from the factory to portray accurate colors. If the display requires further calibration, 3D LUTs from industry standard calibration software, such as Light Illusion’s LightSpace CMS, or SpectraCal’s CalMAN, can be loaded via SD card.
- On-Set Problem Solving
- Page-Builder OS has a dedicated “Output Preview” page, which allows you to apply LUTs and other image adjustments specific to the output signal from the monitor. Whether you have your camera connected to the HDMI or SDI input on the 702 OLED, you are not limited by that protocol; the 702 OLED cross converts to ensure compatibility with downstream hardware.
- HD Scopes
- Fill the screen with up to three simultaneous scopes, including waveform, vectorscope, and histogram while still being able to observe the camera feed.
- Exposure Tools
- Exposure Assist supports both ARRI and Spectrum based false color, with built in IRE guides for reference. Utilize 2x Zebra to warn you when reaching a brightness level of your choosing. This is great for matching exposure across shots and cameras.
- Versatile Frame Guides
- Select standard markers and safety areas that can be overlaid on the display as lines or matte overlays, with custom opacity level and colors. Default aspect ratios include 4:3, 1.85, 2.39:1, 16:9, and Custom (user selectable).